Tuesday, August 30, 2005

8/30/05

Not a lot of news to share today--which is pretty good news. He continues to do very well, breathing on his own, swelling going down, etc. The ventric tube, still inserted in his ventricle, is needing to be drained very infrequently. They clamped it off on Sunday and have been "popping off" every so often to drain the accumulated fluid. When his ICP numbers get in to the 20's for longer than a few minutes, they let it drain. The last time they did it was last night around 8:00 and prior to that it hadn't been done since the night before. When they drained it last, there was less fluid than the previous time they drained it. All these things are good signs. Once it doesn't need to be drained at all, they will take it out and then I can hold him again. To say I am looking forward to that would be the understatement of the year. I will be so happy to be able to hold him in my arms again.

We still have not heard anything on pathology. I am writing this from home, I met Jamie here for lunch during his break between classes. I will check when I get to the hospital, where I am headed in just a few minutes, to see if there has been any news.

Keep praying and sending positive energies.

My mom sent me this bible verse today:

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find me when you seek me if you look for me in earnest.
Jeremiah 29:11-13
(Living Bible)

Love,
Karla
xoxox

No comments: