Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday 8/29/05

Another good night last night and a good day today. He was able to breathe on his own yesterday around 6:30 p.m. and continued throughout the night and all day today. I have been back at work most of the day today in order to ensure that I keep all my benefits for Theo. I used up all my FMLA on maternity leave. All this happened the weekend just before I was scheduled to return to work. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but knowing he is doing well is helping. Also, everyone at work is being so wonderfully supportive, that it makes things a little easier.

Another EEG was done today just to check and there are still no seizures, and there are none. Since the Codman was taken out and the ventric tube clamped, he has only had to be "popped off" --unclamped--and allowed to drain a few times. This is a good sign that he is not producing too terribly much CS fluid. His ICP has remained good (except for the times when it needs to drain) and he has continued to do well.

I am getting ready to head back to the hospital now. We're still waiting on pathology results.

Keep us in your thoughts, prayers and meditations.

Continued Love,
Karla

No comments: